How Spray Foam Insulation Can Cool You Down This Summer
It feels like most people only think of insulation during the cold winter months. Perhaps it’s because we are stuck inside our homes and can’t help but notice how cold certain rooms are. Perhaps it’s because, in the summer, we are enjoying the weather and don’t realize that our energy bills could be lower.
Or could it be that I’m receiving more calls now that the weather is warmer because people are more aware of how powerful spray foam insulation is when it comes to sealing out cold air, as well a sealing out warm, muggy air?
Not Only for Your House
The truth is that closed-cell spray foam is excellent for outdoor use as well. Whether you want to seal gaps in the foundation or you want to enjoy your garage but can’t because it’s blistering hot (or freezing cold), spray foam stands up to the elements better than any other product.
Compare spray foam to traditional pink fiberglass insulation and you will find that spray foam stands up to moisture and insects, something fiberglass can never do.
Let’s Talk about the Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation in the Summer
You might know that spray foam insulation will save you tons of money on your energy bill, but not nearly as many people know some of the extreme benefits spray foam can offer, including
- Forming a Protective Barrier against Allergens
For those of you who suffer from spring and summertime allergies, spray foam can be a real blessing. Unlike fiberglass insulation, spray foam encloses your home with an air-tight seal that prevents allergens such as dust, pollen, and pollution from entering your living spaces.
- Tremendous Noise Reduction
Depending on the windows and doors in your home, spray foam can vastly reduce the amount of noise that travels through the exterior or interior walls. Your neighbors are most likely going to enjoy summertime cookouts, evening parties, even block parties, and those street soccer games that the kids like to play. Imagine reducing that noise to the point you hardly notice it? Imagine taking a nap in the afternoon in your comfortably cool living room in almost complete silence. You don’t have to imagine these things if you call to have spray foam insulation installed!
Other Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
The ones above are, in my mind anyway, some of the crucial benefits that spray foam can offer families. There are plenty of other benefits as well, including
- Keeping your home comfortable, dry, and cool in the muggy summer months. The heat from the attic will radiate throughout your entire home, making every room, but especially rooms on the second floor, nearly impossible to keep cool on the hottest of summer nights. You pay a small fortune to keep your family comfortable, but if you use spray foam insulation, you can dramatically cut your energy costs.
- Spray foam increases the strength of the walls in your home. You might not have thought of this one, but the fact remains that spray foam insulation works like a sturdy glue that provides an extra layer of protection and strength to the walls and the roof of your home.
- Closed-cell spray foam insulation not only acts like a seal from the outside elements but due to these properties, this prevents condensation to form. Condensation will lead to mold. You never have to worry about condensation again if you use spray foam to insulate your home with properly sized HVAC and ventilation.
- Spray foam is ranked as an R-7 per inch when it comes to insulating properties. One of the great things is that this R-value stays stable for decades! You never need to replace spray foam because it got wet or it became compressed over time.
One thing I love is telling clients that they don’t have to worry about “missing” spots. Spray foam expands to fill an entire space. No missed cracks or areas that require special attention. Let us do the work, and you will be amazed at the results.
Spray Foam: The Popular Option
It’s not surprising that more and more people are turning to spray foam to insulate their homes, garages, and bungalows.
Spray foam insulation is simply the best thing you could do for your house this summer. This season has just started, so you will begin reaping the benefits of spray foam insulation from day 1.
Come this winter, you will really love how warm and cozy every room in the house can be, and everyone in your family will appreciate the fact that you had the house insulated over the summer.
Enjoy your home this summer by calling Chicago Green Insulation. We will be happy to give you a quote and talk with you about your concerns.
Don’t spend another day living in what feels like a greenhouse. As I like to say, Comfort is Only a Foam Call Away!
Call us today!